Thread: Windows Vista wifi stuck on limited connectivity after upgrade

Windows Vista wifi stuck on limited connectivity after upgrade

One of the desktop system that I have at my office is facing constant limited connectivity error. A small notification pops out form the system tray and gives the error. There is a Netgear WG311T network card used in the system. The problem was not before. It appear after upgrade. It was having Windows XP before. There are 3 systems on the same network which are working fine and does not has any error. But only this laptop is giving troubles. I hope there will be some way that can help us to deal with the problem. Anyone has any idea on this notification and how to stop the same. Thanks.

I got the similar issue with laptop. It is connected to the cable network. The problem was not with wifi. I added a laptop that has vista through patch cord on the lan. But at the time of connection the same kind of message appear and in network and sharing center it showed no internet access. This is really very annoying that Vista is not capable of detecting a preconfigured network. I hope that this must surely work and offer a set of settings. I had created a separate IPv4 configuration with manual settings. But still somehow the problem remains the same.

Just add the manual ip and dns details your system will work fine. I think this problem appears due to broken dhcp. The dhcp allows a temp ip to all the devices which are connected on the network. If this ip fails to appear the error comes on the screen. You must check in the router that you had enabled auto-dhcp or not. Or else you can also find whether your system has received a ip details by typing ipconfig /all in the command prompt. If this thing remains empty then there is nothing much you can do. Just put the details and check it will start working.

Just check the router settings once. I think the speed is limited due to which you are getting the issue. Also verify the wifi card. I think that can improve the speed by managing the connection on the network. It is right that if you reconfigure the entire router setup one more time then surely it is going to work. There will be no issue at all. Sometime large download also cause the problem. The most common issue of bandwidth fluctuation is windows update. They keeps on downloading large updates and that cause the failure.

I think we are not talking about bandwidth fluctuation here. We are talking about the limited connectivity. I had received this error a number of time on my vista system. It can be due to some settings that are internally not proper and cause such issues. Try to disable IPv6 and QoS then check back. Do not forget to restart your router. I am sure this can fix the issue. And just for testing purpose you can try two things here. First connecting other computers on the same router or managing a separate router to test the settings. I am sure that is going to work well.

re: Windows Vista wifi stuck on limited connectivity after upgrade

My notebook was having that issue. I tested first on the netgear router and then I tested the same on linksys also. I thought it was the problem with router but later on when I got my network card replaced thing were fine. There was on issue with the connectivity and setup. I found that when I was trying to connect my mobile with the notebook on wifi. I had tried number of configuration before but none of that worked. Only after replacing the wifi card things went back to normal. It is working really well.

re: Windows Vista wifi stuck on limited connectivity after upgrade

I had this problem on one PC when I upgraded the wireless router. Since it worked on 2 PCs and just not on the one I asked myself what was different. I use Mozilla Firefox as my default browser on the laptop and PC that works. The one that doesn't has IE as the default browser.

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and set as default- WORKS LIKE A DREAM! There's something wrong in IE evidently.

Just go to Mozilla and download the free browser- no issues with spyware either. It's designed much better.