Thread: Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Network

Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Network

I recently upgraded one of my Windows XP running computers to windows vista successfully. There was no problem during the Vista installation but now am facing some problems with the network. Currently I have 5 PCs connected to my home network with Cisco Router 876w router. Which are as follows:
    • 1 Pc Running Windows Server 03 R2
    • 3 Pc's Running Win XP Pro SP2
    • And 1 recently upgraded Windows Vista Ultimate.

All these PCs are with the same workgroup and on same network but Vista is not able to see any of these systems in its network. Rest all 4 PCs are able to access and transfer files from each computer. I tried searching other discussions and found many people saying to install LLTD. Well I did the same but dint helped at all.

I have done all correct settings, even disabled Antivurses and Firewalls but still the same problem. Somebody please help me out of this annoying issue. Thank you.

RE: Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Network

Sorry to continue in this existing discussion but as I found my problem very similar to this one, hence I posted it in here. I have Windows Vista as well as Win XP running on the same network with same workgroup. Until yesterday I was able to browse both computers from each other. Xp was able to use vista shared files and vista was able to use XP. It was until yesterday night when I shut down my systems.

Today morning when I started the computers, Vista is no more able to see XP in the network, and though XP can see Vista in network, it is not able to access it. It all happened suddenly. I dint made any changes. I rechecked all settings, everything seems to be proper then what went wrong automatically?

Is there anyone who can provide me some working solution for the same? Many thanks.

Re: Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Net

Re: Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Network

My winxp shows vista pc on network but my vista only shows it and my Zyxel 660 gateway on its network page.Also I cant ping my winxp pc from my vista pc, I can ping my vista pc from my winxp pc.

here is my setup

Zyxel EQ-660HW ADSL Gateway
    Compaq Presario 5000 WinXP SP3 connected thru ethernet to gateway
    HP DV6755 Vista Wireless connection to Gateway

got it both to show last night but when I turned on the Vista this morning winxp was not showing under networks.