Thread: Scaling Remote Desktop to the client window size?

Scaling Remote Desktop to the client window size?

Can anyone tell me how to scale the 'Remote Desktop' host desktop to the Windows size on the remote client? I want to host desktop to automatically shrink-to-fit the window on our remote client computer, much like the option available in the 'Remote Assistance'. The only option that we get is to view the host desktop at full size in a smaller remote client window with scroll bars that let us to scroll to different areas of the host desktop. Can anyone tell me where is the option that forces the host desktop to shrink to fit the clients 'Remote Desktop' window? Thanks for any information

Re: Scaling Remote Desktop to the client window size?

You can try to simply change the screen size settings before connecting? You can get a look at those settings pretty easily. Actually, I am also trying to achieve what you have tried to get rid of and cannot do it easily. But note that the rdp files are editable text files and sometimes it helps to find out some more information about them.

i think you mean that when u start remote desktop connection, the window appears shows titlebar and taskbar i.e. the remote window is smaller than your current computer's window.
    I faced this problem and what i found is, when you click on remote desktop connection icon it will ask you username and password and below it also shows the option button, click on it and go to display tab, here you can set your window size.

I hope u got your answer.

Re: Scaling Remote Desktop to the client window size?

Thanks Dhanraj. One issue now: Once connected to desired DISPLAY resolution that avoids scrollbars on client, it shows a connection bar at the top if selected for remote desktop. Problem: In case the connection bar option is NOT selected for full screen resolution, how to switch back to local client once connected in full screen mode ? There appears no option to get the connection bar back, to switch to local client as it does not seem to be in auto-hide mode either!