Thread: Vista Backup to NAS Drive

Vista Backup to NAS Drive

I recently connected a NAS drive to a network and have got BT HomeHub with Vista running on a Dell computer which is connected wirelessly and other 3 Dell laptops also with the NAS is plugged into the BT HomeHub. The network consumers have previously used an external USB drive that is connected to the Dell computer to backup. So, afterwards I wanted to change the backup to the NAS drive but when I try to do the same then Vista keeps asking me for passwords to connect to the NAS. I am using a password on the same but it then gives me a RPC error with varying code numbers and then will go into saying that the NAS drive was not found. How do I delete the backup schedule? Thanks for any information

I will tell you how to setup the NAS drive, which was recently done by me for a client. Check the below method:

1. You will have a share folder setup called backup on the NAS drive. If you dont have it then, you can do so by connecting to the NAS via its IP Address.
    2. After that map a drive to the "backup" share in "My Computer". If one is already mapped then try to disconnect and remap it once again.
    3. Put the NAS name as "NAS_Backup" on the network. So, the location to set the backup to go to will be \\NAS_Backup\backup.

Also ensure that all pcs as well as the NAS are in the same workgroup which can be changed in the NAS settings. After you will change all the workgroups to be the same then it will start to work for you flawlessly.

Re: Vista Backup to NAS Drive

Genius... PURE GENIUS. We have been trying for 4 hours and this was the holy grail of fixes. Now to restore some security setting, since everythings has been disabled to this point.