Thread: Can Connect to Router but unable to connect to internet

Can Connect to Router but unable to connect to internet

Since upgrading to windows Vista home premium i am not able to connect to internet. I can connect to the Router but internet doesn't work. I have tried updating NIC driver and have installed latest recommended updates as well. Other than that i have updated my routers firmware and have reset it a couple of times. After connecting to Router, I get a message saying "You have successfully made a connection to the router" but there is "X" for the internet connection. My router has its own ip address so there is no case of ip conflict, there is something else that is causing this issue but i am not able to make out exactly what. I want to know if there is anything i can try out form my end rather then calling isp people at my place. I have already contacted them and they said there is nothing wrong from their side and for fixing the issue they will have to visit my place.

You seem to have tried possible solution that cold have helped.However, ou can still try below steps:
    • First power cycle your router and modem
    • Turn off your system
    • Turn on your system
    • Power cycle your router and modem and reset your router settings

If above trick doesn't make any difference in your case then i will suggest you to better call your ISP people at your place. There might be some serious issue and you wont be able to fix it from your end. If you have some other router then you can cross check your connection to make sure that there is nothing wrong with your router.