Thread: Media Center Extender Help (XBox 360 & Vista Home Premium)

Media Center Extender Help (XBox 360 & Vista Home Premium)

Want some help to connect xbox 360 to Hp laptop as media center extender. The laptop has Windows Vista home premium. I had gone through some videos on the web and bit confused with the entire process. I followed some path but Xbox is not detected at all. The same xbox when connected with Windows XP desktop things are working fine. It is detected and work really well. There was no problem at all. The issue only lies with Vista. In Vista I am getting a error saying that connection terminated. I am not aware about the error. Does anyone idea on this how to fix it.

Does your laptop has a fingerprint reader. If yes then you have to remove it if you are not using it. There is some incompatibility problem in Vista. There is a short link that I found on the internet which can help you to deal with the problem. You can read the same and find out which software is causing the incompatibility. You can also run windows update to find some important fix for the xbox extender.

Error message when you connect a Windows Media Center Extender device to a computer that is running Windows Vista Media Center: "Extender did not connect"

60% of the time it works every time! Seriously, I spent 2 hours talking to XBox customer support with no resolution. After searching the internet and finding this forum, my problem was solved! I too have a fingerprint reader installed on my HP laptop and after uninstalling Verisoft Access Manager, my Windows Media Center Extender began working. Although, I can no longer log in to my computer with a swipe of my finger, I was glad to finally find a solution. If anyone knows how to have the best of both worlds please let me know (chewey14@yahoo.com). Thanks to the genius who figured this weird problem out.

Hi, I am also experiencing a similar problem when I try to setup my Windows Media Centre Extender (Laptop - HP DV5-1009 32Bit Windows Vista Home Premium) to talk to my Xbox360 Media Centre. I can stream video and audio files no problem through the Xbox Music and video Libraries (via Windows media Player I think, but a different story when trying to use media centre). On the Laptop during the extender setup it cannot complete the very last step (I enter the 8 digit code, etc, at the same time the Xbox360 says that the PC has been disconnected either because it has been turned off, or network conjestion, etc, restart Xbox. Clearly the Laptop is still connected, still on, no network conjestion, etc, tried a few times and does the exact same thing. Tried with both static and auto IP addresses on the xbox, enabled the correct ports on the router (D-Link G604T), setup the DMZ for that static IP, am using hard wired ethernet to connections to both xbox and laptop, - media sharing is also enabled on my laptop.