Thread: Vista "local only" with 0.0.0.0 default gateway. Why Microsoft?

Vista "local only" with 0.0.0.0 default gateway. Why Microsoft? Wh

I think a number of you will be able to understand the issue that I am facing. When I am hooking the a laptop to the network I found that it is not taking a full ip settings. The settings just showed me 0.0.0.0. It is not giving a valid settings at all. I had disabled IPv6 also but still the issue is common. The default gateway that is shown is 0.0.0.0. While the ip of my router is 10.1.1.1. There is only 3 systems that are working on the network and some mobile devices. Is this a suspicious activity. I hope someone is not accessing my network making my job abit tougher to operate the same.

I think your router has some issue due to which your system is not getting proper ip address. You can confirm that through ipconfig /all. Hit enter. And in that see that you are able to get a proper ip address and mac address. That is necessary to make the system access to internet. If that is not working then you can manually arrange the ip address and other details. I am sure that is going to work. The 0.0.0.0 is by default take by the modem or router when there is no web connectivity. There is nothing you can do in that. You have to ensure a appropriate settings details or else it will not work properly. Try to reboot the router and modem and then check once again it works or not.

I got the same issue on my adsl router. It was working well and suddenly there was a small yellow exclamation mark on the network icon. When I checked inside the router I found all the ip configuration was take as 0.0.0.0. I contacted the ISP and he assure that the service will be restored. In your case if there is a router in between, then to test connect the pc directly to the modem and see. I am sure it will get proper ip configuration. Manually putting the details resolve number of issues and it is a kind of ideal solution for small network. A number of time the router dhcp fails to work well which gives the proper.