Thread: Windows vista Network settings does not match with Network requirements

Windows vista Network settings does not match with Network requirements

My computer is installed Windows vista and it has been well till yesterday. Now all of the sudden, the network functionality stopped working. There is no way I can connect to my network. If I going to see in Available networks, it says that your computer’s settings and network requirements does not match each other. Can anyone tell me how I can change the settings so that it will work properly with the network? There is no way I can get online.

Re: Windows vista Network settings does not match with Network requirements

There are several reasons for this kind of issue and error and it is a known issue in Windows vista:
    • The first reason it might have changed the configuration of an existing network. For example change the password for network access.
    • Visiting two different sites with the same network ID. For example, an office visit which is called WiFi wireless network and password 123456789, subsequently a second office visit which is also called WiFi network but the password is 987654321. From the above, the system cannot connect in the second office.

As he told that there are quite a few reason for this error but don’t worry. This issue can be easily solved by performing the following steps:
    • Open Network and Sharing Center on your windows Vista
    • Once opened, look for Networking and Resource Sharing. In that you must click on "Manage wireless networks" in the menu.
    • Once you are in, choose the network that conflict with other one. Right click on it and remove the network
    • Now again try to reconnect the same wireless network. Windows Vista will get you to the fresh respective setup. After the completion of setup, you can connect to the network without problem.

The error appears for the reason that you tried to connect, you might have kept the settings of the network to default in windows vista but on the other hand you then changed the settings in router. You might have changed router settings from default to some other, so due to this it cannot recognize the network.

So far I have followed the below steps:
    • Control Panel> Manage Wireless Networks > Add a network profile manually (the network is in range does not yes)

• I then typed the Network name
    • Security type: WPA-Personal
    • Encryption type: TKIP
    • And password.

At first it didn’t let me to connect to the network. So next time I tried with the different security type and this time also the same error message saying that it cannot match. Don’t know what else should I need to do

I know that most of you still not able to solve the problem. For them there is only way out and that is to reinstall the wireless adapter driver. To Remove the adapter driver
    • Click Start and type "devmgmt.msc" in Search Box and press Enter.
    • Expand "Network Adapters", double-click on wireless network device entry.
    • Now move to "Driver" tab, click "Uninstall".
    • Again Click Start and type "appwiz.cpl" in Search box and press Enter.
    • Delete all entries regarding wireless network adapter.
    • Reboot the system and reinstall the driver using motherboard CD. Now re-create connection.

I hope that it has solved now.