Thread: Vista Wireless Network Lag after every 30 second

Vista Wireless Network Lag after every 30 second

My Vista wifi network keeps on fluctuating in between. At every 30 seconds there is a lag while working. I cannot figure out the reason behind that. I am a bit annoyed with the entire process. The wifi works very well but when I am working the wifi fluctuates. I am using a software that tells me about the signal strength. It keeps on breaking in between. I am a bit annoyed with the problem. I tried to turn on and off the wlan but the problem still lies the same. I had protected the network with WEP and hope that the problem is not due to that. What should I do to fix the issue. I hope there will be some working solution for the same.

Did you tried to disable your lan adapter and then enable it back again. It fixes a set of problems. I was also getting the same issue. So went into the network sharing center and disable the lan adapter for sometime. After re-enabling it back again it took some time to get the ip details and started working. There is no problem at all. It is bit annoying that wifi does not work well when you are using it on Vista. Later on I showed the laptop a technician who told that it is a hardware failure. I got it replaced and now the problem is solved. The wifi works properly without much problem.

I am using Vista here. There is a tool in my system called as VLAN optimizer. It allows me to configure Windows XP wifi. Did you checked the settings in it. There can be issue with the router also. Sometime replacing the antenna offers a more better signal strength. You can also go with firmware upgrade of the router. There is a dedicated option available in each router to run firmware update. It checks and find the firmware automatically. So try to perform that once and then check again. If still the issue remains you can try to run a fresh driver update. Do not forget to get rid of old drivers first.

re: Vista Wireless Network Lag after every 30 second

Alright...this has been giving me issues for weeks. I never really noticed it until i started playing cod4...but now that i have noticed it it is terribly frustrating. I would love to try the xp drivers and such...but i am not very savy in that area of computers. Could someone please spell it out step by step how to uninstall vista drivers and install xp ones...and possibly a link for the drivers. thanks.
    Last edited by brianm; 15-06-2009 at 06:04 AM.