Thread: remove mobsync.exe from Vista Home Premium

remove mobsync.exe from Vista Home Premium

I dont need mobsync.exe anymore in my computer because it always thrash my HD. I have also turned off all offline file caching that I am finding for Internet Explorer 7 and the Lan that I am using but still it continuously pops up. I have got 2 machine that are networked and have Vista on one machine and Windows XP with Service Pack 2 on the other. I found out that if I right click on the shared folder for the Windows XP machine in the Vista Network explorer page and then right click Properties, then the check box to "index this file for faster searching" keeps becoming checked all the time. I have disabled indexing on both the computer and also uncheck the box all the time but everytime it gets reset. When I checked in Sync Center then there are no partnerships at all. Is there anyway to delete the mobsync.exe CLSIDs in the registry and then delete the mobsync? Any fix?

Re: remove mobsync.exe from Vista Home Premium

Is there anyone who can help me as well, I am also facing this same problem and I have already tried disabling the settings from with Internet Explorer but still it pops up in the processes. How can we get rid of this annoying problem?

Tools for disabling mobsync.exe on Vista

Mobsync is nothing but a Microsoft tool that enforces group policy for removable mass-storage devices. You can try to stop it by following the below steps:
    1. First of all select ‘Start’ and then type ‘Services’
    2. After that from the results shown in the ‘Start’ menu, select the option called ‘Services’
    3. Now you have to scroll down the page until you locate a service called ‘Portable Device Enumerator Service’
    4. After that you need to double click this service
    5. Now, go to the ‘General’ tab and half way down the page, change the ‘Startup Type’ to ‘Manual’
    6. After that select ‘Stop’ which is directly underneath the previous option and then select ‘Apply’.
    7. Thats it.