Thread: Vista Ultimate loses internet connection

Vista Ultimate loses internet connection

I cannot understand why Windows Vista is loosing internet connection. I am using a laptop. I had added static ip address on the laptop and somehow it fails to work. It is giving a error while connection. First all there is a unknown network. I am using the same settings which are used in a XP desktop. I tried to troubleshoot the problem, but still the error is intact. It is not at all getting healed. I am bit annoyed with the same. It looks Vista is not accepting the connection that I have. I need some help to deal with problem.

There can be issue with your nic. Try to update the drivers and then check back. If you can arrange a router then you can test the same connection on wifi and then see that it is working constantly or not. It would be a bit annoying to get active working connection. In Windows Vista I had seen this bug commonly and most of the time it lies with the TCP /IP. First go in your local area properties and get rid of IPv6. Disable that and reboot yur system. Then check again. If this does not work then the second thing you can do is disable UAC, Firewall and any other security application which is working in your system. Just turn it off completely and then see. I hope you would be able to get a working connection.

I think this is not a driver problem. Your lan card is damaged. You must call the service center to get a replacement on this. Vista is very buggy with internet connectivity. That is why I am using a router at my home and connected that to the wifi. It works fine. There is no issue here. It is also not a complicated job to find a appropriate working solution if the system you have is a desktop. You can get a pci lan card and connect that to the system. It will work well.