Thread: Cannot connect Windows Vista Ultimate to inhouse domain

Cannot connect Windows Vista Ultimate to inhouse domain

I think there are many who are facing the issue that I am getting. I am not able to put Vista on Windows Domain Server and I am not able to understand the reason behind it. There is a inhouse network at my home. It is working well but somehow the machine is not accepting any connection. I am not able to understand the reason behind the failure but somehow the connectivity failed. The problem only occur on Vista system while Windows XO systems are working fine. There is a Windows 2003 Server at my home.

I do not know but I think Vista is having some bug with domain connectivity. Go in Event Viewer and check the logs. There will be kind of connectivity error listed. You can simply find out where you are getting the issue exactly. First put the Vista system on a common workgroup like Windows XP. You can choose the option connect to a network and follow the onscreen wizard. It will allow you connection and work well. You must be able to add the domain name properly with appropriate login details and then check back.

It is a common bug. You just need the right setup procedure and your problem will be solved. Go in Network Sharing Center and in that create a new connection. The wizard will ask you the choose the type of connection. You can select that this computer is a part of business network or something similar to that and then at the next screen it will ask you to put the right credential to authenticate the system on sever. That's all. The procedure is simple. You have to provide the password of server admin so that the system will be first authenticated and then you will be able to connect it. It is not a complicated task but works really well.

This is a connectivity failure. That is why you are facing the problem. The settings of your desktop and server is mismatching. Go to cmd and type ipconfig /all and hit enter. You will be able to get the proper settings configuration and it is necessary that your system receive appropriate settings. Or else it is a complete waste of time. If you are aware about the network settings then you can go in your TCP /IP settings and put the windows server as your default dns server. Then try to reconnect it back. Disable your firewall or any antivirus application for the time being. They can also block the connection.