Thread: Using Windows to configure wireless

Using Windows to configure wireless

There was a check box labeled in Windows XP on the "Wireless Network" tab of the "Wireless Network Connection Properites" that was something "Use Windows to configure my wireless settings". I read from somewhere that in Vista, the same tab and check box must be also available. But in my Vista system, I dont have the "Wireless Network" tab, the only tabs that are labeled are "Networking" and "Sharing". So, how can I set the "Use Windows to configure my wireless settings" in some other ways? Thanks for any information.

Re: Using Windows to configure wireless

I think that you must check the article on "Setting up a wireless network" from this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...reless-network. There is a step by step guide given on how to setup wireless network in Windows Vista. With the help of a wireless router you can also easily connect multiple computers as well.

Re: Using Windows to configure wireless

that dint help him at all, he dint ask how to setup a wireless network in Vista, He asked how to make WLAN config the default program for configuring his Wireless Network. So he wont have to setup wireless networks
    Manually to pervent a3rd party program from blocking automatic config.

I dont have this option on my vista computer, im not sure if any Vista versions do. Best i can advice is to disable or uninstall any wireless config
    software, and start WLAN config in admin tools services.

If other software is present and WLAN is started it sould be able to config your wireless network