Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cant connect to my wireless router

Windows Vista Network

Old 15-03-2007

Cant connect to my wireless router

I recently bought a second hand advent 7113 laptop having intel Celeron processor and Windows Vista as operating system. I already have two XP running laptops connected with my Wireless ADSL Netgear DG834G v3 Router and working fine without any network problem. The problem am facing is Windows Vista is not able to connect to the wireless network, infact it just doesnít give me the option of the wireless network/router.

Iím just unable to find what the problem is, am sure problem is not with the router because Xp is working fine. Then whatís wrong with Vista? I checked the settings twice, everything appears fine. Somebody please help me.

Old 15-03-2007

RE: Cant connect to my wireless router

First of all you must know that there are many routers still which are not compatible with Vista operating system. And as far as i can say Netgear has a many problems with Vista because Iím too facing the same problem with it whereas Xmy other XP systems are running absolutely fine. When I contacted Netgear they told me that they won't have a solution until the end of APRIL at the earliest. Probably they will be releasing some firmware in April which will fix the compatibility problems with Vista. So you need to wait until the same.
Old 16-03-2007

Re: Cant connect to my wireless router

I wish I could have helped you but there is a small confusion for me. By saying Ďunable to accessí, do you mean you are not able to access internet from any browser like internet explorer OR you are not able to access the routerís config page? Did you tried running Diagnose? Are you getting any error message?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , ,