Thread: Cant connect to my wireless router

Cant connect to my wireless router

I recently bought a second hand advent 7113 laptop having intel Celeron processor and Windows Vista as operating system. I already have two XP running laptops connected with my Wireless ADSL Netgear DG834G v3 Router and working fine without any network problem. The problem am facing is Windows Vista is not able to connect to the wireless network, infact it just doesn’t give me the option of the wireless network/router.

I’m just unable to find what the problem is, am sure problem is not with the router because Xp is working fine. Then what’s wrong with Vista? I checked the settings twice, everything appears fine. Somebody please help me.

RE: Cant connect to my wireless router

First of all you must know that there are many routers still which are not compatible with Vista operating system. And as far as i can say Netgear has a many problems with Vista because I’m too facing the same problem with it whereas Xmy other XP systems are running absolutely fine. When I contacted Netgear they told me that they won't have a solution until the end of APRIL at the earliest. Probably they will be releasing some firmware in April which will fix the compatibility problems with Vista. So you need to wait until the same.

Re: Cant connect to my wireless router

I wish I could have helped you but there is a small confusion for me. By saying ‘unable to access’, do you mean you are not able to access internet from any browser like internet explorer OR you are not able to access the router’s config page? Did you tried running Diagnose? Are you getting any error message?