Thread: Problem adding wireless network, Vista RTM WPA2-PSK, no SSID broad

Problem adding wireless network, Vista RTM WPA2-PSK, no SSID broad

I am having a Vista Ultimate machine with Linksys WPC54GS NIC and Linksys WAP54G AP, and lan with WPA2 without radius server and SSID broadcast disabled on IBM laptop. I am using the microsoft drivers for Linksys NIC from Vista DVD. If I am trying to add a wireless network in Vista manuallym by choosing WPA2-Personal/AES/PSK and also entering the SSID and shared secret then Vista will fail to connect and give some error message, but the network definition entry can be seen in the list. So, after that I hit the Add icon to connect second time then it will successfully connects. It seems to be a bug in the UI in the case of networks where SSID broadcast is disabled.

RE: Problem adding wireless network, Vista RTM WPA2-PSK, no SSID broad

I also made a querie on this issue but there was no solutions given for it yet. The PDA that I am having connects properly with WEP or WPA security but the new laptop with Vista wont connect unless security is turned off. When I checked some microsoft articles then it states that it does not recommend non-broadcast SSID.

I am using a Wireless Setup that is working by using WEP but am unable to get it to work with WPA. I canno access the XP machine from Vista and even though XP computer shows up in Vista network but am unable to connect to the XP machine. There might be a setting in the XP mahine to prevent connection from outside.

I was having a laptop that was working properly with wireless and WPA-PSK. I simply needed to use the Mac filtering in the router and then the PDA and the laptop with Vista installed worked fine for me.