| || |
| || |
Join Date: Sep 2005
RE: Access denied c:\ on vista comp from XP comp
Hello VauGhna, do you have any third party firewall installed on your any system or router? If yes, you will need to remove it first. If still problem exists, try disabling windows firewall and try to access the files. Other than this, you can follow the below steps:
- Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
- Click Edit. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to.
- If you want that person to be the owner of files and subfolders in this folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
- Click OK.