Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista-compatible VPN client for Linksys BEFVP41 router?

Windows Vista Network

Old 06-03-2007

Vista-compatible VPN client for Linksys BEFVP41 router?

I am using a Linksys BEFVP41 router that also supports VPN. I have installed Windows XP and I am using the Greenbow VPN client that is working pretty fine. But the problem is that it is not compatible with Vista and The Greenbow say that they will not have Vista client until next month. So, is there anyone who had found a client which will work under Windows Vista and this router? Thanks.

Old 06-03-2007

Re: Vista-compatible VPN client for Linksys BEFVP41 router?

I think that the Greenbow consumes the IPSec for the previous Windows operating system. Microsoft has made some changes on IPSec settings and you might be able to create IPSec to connect to the Linksys router that you have.
Old 07-03-2007

Re: Vista-compatible VPN client for Linksys BEFVP41 router?

I am not able to configure IPSec in Windows Vista to connect with the Linksys router. But the NCP VPN client seems to be working in Vista. Although it is a bit costly but it surely works. I have not done much testing on it but it gave me full access to my home lan and it also has some good firewall security.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network