Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to connect to Wireless Network after Sleep/Hibernate

Windows Vista Network

Old 06-03-2007

Unable to connect to Wireless Network after Sleep/Hibernate

I am running Windows Vista on a newly purchased HP laptop that has inbuilt wireless connectivity. I can establish a wireless network with the linksys router that I have without any problems. The issue is that if I am hibernating the computer or use the sleep option then after starting up, it is not able to find any wireless networks and hence will not connect. When I shutdown and restart then it will detect wireless networks again and connects automatically to my default network that I am using. Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Thanks.

Old 06-03-2007

Re: Unable to connect to Wireless Network after Sleep/Hibernate

You can use the following Fix it Solutions to enable or to disable IPv6 or to selectively enable or disable components of IPv6 automatically. To enable or to disable IPv6 or to selectively enable or disable components of IPv6 automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then, click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852
Old 06-03-2007

Thanks for the solution, I will try it out later and let you know if it worked for me or not.
Old 08-03-2007

Even I was having the same problem, but now I have solved it. You just need to get into properties on the Power Management tab and then uncheck "Allow this computer to turn of this device to save power" and then click ok. Now it will be working fine for you because it was fine for me atleast. This problem happens because Vista disables the adapter somehow and doesnt turn it back on until you disable or re-enable the adapter.
Old 08-03-2007

Alright, I have changed the power settings to not turn off the wireless adapter and I have also disabled the IPv6 but sometimes it will work and other times it wont work at all? Today it started properly after Sleep mode but then it got disconnected after 25 minutes all of a sudden. Does anyone has any other solution. Thanks
Old 22-06-2008

It could be that the default gateway setting is lost when you wake a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep. After you wake the computer from sleep, the DHCP Client service (Dhcpcsvc.dll) is responsible for informing the IP stack about the routing information. The routing information is stored in the network store interface. This problem occurs when the network store interface already has the routing information that the DHCP Client service wants to store. To solve this issue, go to the website here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933872/en-us

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network