Thread: Where is the Network Setup Wizard?

Where is the Network Setup Wizard?

When I was using XP OS I use to do network setup from Network Connections in Control Panel, open it up, and right there on the page is Network Setup Wizard. Recently I bought a new HP Slimline s7700n which came pre-installed with Windows Vista. Now the problem am facing is I’m just unable to find Network Setup Wizard in this new OS.

One thing am unable to understand, Microsoft said this is the most simplest Windows Ever, but to me it seems like it’s much tougher than 95, 98, 2000 or XP. Can anyone please tell me where is Network Setup Wizard in this new Operating system?

I don’t why it sounds you so tough. To me it is the simplest ever windows. To get Network Setup Wizard, open up Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Centre. Here on the left side you will find the "Setup a Connection or Network". Apart from this, there are lots of help in Help and Support, search term 'network setup'

I'm with you Trakker. This drives me nuts in Vista. Where is the nice little house under communications: "Welcome to the Network setup Wizard"

The instructions above:
    1. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center
    2. On the left side you will find the "Setup a Connection or Network".

This only helps connect to the internet, it doesn't set up a home network and file sharing.
    Maybe Vista is over-simplified and I'm trying too hard, but I fine the setup wizard in XP much easier and I still haven't found an easy way to set up a home network in Vista....

But what if you want a wired network or just want to add a computer to an established network. It's a whole lot easier in Windows XP.

When you click Setup a Connection or Network, click the second option, "Set up a wireless router or access point". This sets up a new wireless network.

Re: Where is the Network Setup Wizard?

It's easy to get connected to the internet, but if you already have a home network and you want to connect to the other machines on your existing network and share files and printers, it's not nearly as easy without the network setup wizard.