Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Connecting Vista to XP shared folders, Access is denied. Why?

Windows Vista Network

Old 02-03-2007

Connecting Vista to XP shared folders, Access is denied. Why?

I have two PCs at home (Windows Vista and Win XP) connected with a router. There is also a shared printer which is accessible without any problems from Vista, but when I try accessing XP shared folders from Vista computer, it says:

\\Pc-Name\SharedDocs is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.Access is denied.

This error occurs only while connecting vista to xp, there is no issue access Vista folder from win XP. Im the only admin of the Vista and I can access shared printer without problems. Any idea what else settings required either on Vista or XP to get the problem solved?

Old 02-03-2007

Re: Connecting Vista to XP shared folders, Access is denied. Why?

It is just the permission issue because as you are able to connect printer properly, that means vista settings are proper. You need to allow permission from XP computer. Just try creating the same username of Vista in the XP. For more info, check out these discussions:

Vista Cannot Connect to XP
XP can access Vista but Vista can't access XP

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , , ,