Thread: Vista "Access Is Denied" Trying to Access Network Share

Vista "Access Is Denied" Trying to Access Network Share

I am running Windows Vista on a laptop that is connected to Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 mixed mode domain. Before trying to upgrade the "My Documents" it was redirected to D:\\server\user$. I was able to accessm edit and save documents which were there before to the upgrade, but now when I make a new document and stick it on H: drive or its UNC equivilent and then close it, but after if I am trying to open it back or save it or save over then I get the "Access is Denied" error. It will not matter whatever application I am using. At the beginning I thought that it was only happening with Office 2007 but when I used Notepad, then it did the same thing. So, it seems to me that the issue is with the Operating System itself. I am also using offline files and folders in the form of Vista's sync center. Can anyone give me some good ideas on how to fix this problem?

Re: Vista "Access Is Denied" Trying to Access Network Share

Can you check whether your "My Documents" is still redirecting to the same location after the upgradation? Are you trying to access the files as the same user when the machine was running the previous operating system? Are you only getting the read rights on the server? Did you check if you have any encrypted offline files cache by going into control panel and then offline files and then encryption tab? Are you able to add the "Offline availability" and "Offline status" to the explorer view of the folder that is in question and let us know the values for the files that are having issues?

Re: Vista "Access Is Denied" Trying to Access Network Share

I checked that the "My Documents" is not existing anymore as it were because of Vista changes. I am also using all of the same information as I did previously. When I used a Windows XP machine then it was able to read it without any problem but with Vista it will not? I also checked that the offline files store was encrypted, but after unencrypting it, it seems to have worked.