Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason.

Windows Vista Network

Old 23-02-2007

Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason.

When I am trying to connect to home wireless network that I am having with no security then I am getting a message that states "Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason." I think that this is occuring due to some driver issues. I have a Micronet SP907GK USB WiFi and I can connect the wireless network that I am having to other peoplr using the same USB wifi and I am using Vista on my computer. Thanks for any help.

Old 23-02-2007

Re: Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason.

You need to go to the manufacturer's website and download the appropriate driver for your device and if there are no vista drivers available then the device will not work on the same operating system. You will need Vista drivers or a device that will support Vista to get it to working.
Old 12-03-2007

You can try to resolve this issue, disable the DHCP BROADCAST flag in Windows Vista.
  1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
  2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
    In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey that corresponds to the network adapter that is connected to the network.
  3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
  4. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then press ENTER.
  5. Right-click DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then click Modify.
  6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
  7. Close Registry Editor.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network