Thread: Netgear Adapter and Error Message

Netgear Adapter and Error Message

I had a Windows XP computer which was working fine with Netgear 54 Mbps Wirless PCI Adapter 32-bit WG311 v3. Yesterday I upgraded the same to Vista Ultimate 32-bit. When I started the system for the first time with Vista, I received number of error messages. It started with saying:

“wlancfg5.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The Procedure Entry Point DnsDhcpRegisterInit could not be located in the dynamic link library DNSAPI.dll.”

When I clicked OK, it says:
    “NetgearCUv2 MFC Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.”

Seems like my Netgear is facing some problem, I’m not able to use the network any more on this computer. When I chcked under Device Manager, it says “The Device Could Not Be Started (Code 10).” Even it is not allowing me to install the drivers.

Any suggestions please?

Re: Netgear Adapter and Error Message

Hey even I’m struggling with the same problem. Did anyone found working solution for the same? As per research on Google and various other sites, it seems like there is some IRQ or I/O conflict. Most probably random assignment of IRQ at start up which may cause the adaptor not to be assigned an IRQ and the device won't work. But I don’t have any idea how to get it fixed. Hope somebody (experience guy) may help us out.

Here's the Solution....

I have a download link for u to download the latest utility & driver file, which supports Windows VISTA.........

NOTE - This is a direct download link, hence download will begin as soon as u paste this link & press OK. The file is 10.06 MB in size.
    ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/wg...eta1_setup.zip

For similar different products.....

For similar different products, here's the link to find drivers & utilities for latest & different netgear devices (including wg311).

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101649.asp