Thread: Extremely slow network connection on Vista RC1 5600

Extremely slow network connection on Vista RC1 5600

After installing Windows Vista RC1 5600 on some of my machines I am facing problem with the lan connectivity. The data transfer on that is extremely slow with poor internet connectivity. I had newly installed the OS and there was no problem with the setup. I had updated all the drivers. I think there is some problem with the internal configuration. I had tested sites like microsoft.com which works very well, but other websites takes a long time to load and then I get a error. I had configured the settings properly but still the lan is working extremely slow. Any idea on the same how it really can be fixed.

I think I am aware about your problem. Last month I had upgraded Windows Vista on my laptop. Later on the internet was very slow while the same on Windows XP pc works well. I own a desktop also. I had tried to contact the ISP for the problem who said the issue lies with my laptop not with the connectivity. Later I re-installed the lan adapter and the issue was fixed. For that you will need to go in Device Manager and right click on the lan card. Then choose uninstall and restart your system. Windows will ask for the drivers and then it will be installed. Try to configure it back again and seen whether it is working fine or not.

It can be a kind of hardware fault also. I think the slow networks can be result of hardware which is not responding well enough while you are trying to access internet. There is a hotfix available through Windows Update. Just run that and see whether you are able to see any changes or not. If not then you can try to take the laptop to the nearest service center and check the lan cable. Updating drivers will help but if still you are getting the same kind of issue then this is a kind of hardware failure. You have to arrange replacement for the same. There is nothing more you can do.

It can be a dns problem also. Did you verified your settings. It is necessary that you must add all the required ip configuration and dns details manually. That is surely going to help you. It is not at all a very complicated thing to go for. Drivers update work but if your lan adapter is appropriate then the problem lies with dns. Sometime the dns servers are too busy to complete a request and there you face this kind of problem. You must try to add all the settings manually and then check the same back.

When we change our ISP it has older one... so it has to rouse from 1 server to another dns server and it takes time.. what u need to do is select auto detecing only. and that will work..
    NTP Server