Thread: Vista claims my wireless security key is incorrect

Vista claims my wireless security key is incorrect

In the past I have had no trouble connecting wirelessly on my touchsmart IQ80. All other devices in the home are able to connect wirelessly, however my computer (running Vista Home Premium 64) will no longer connect, claiming incorrect security key. The security key has not been changed, nor have any settings. I have been completely unable to connect wirelessly. I've read the posts here but have not had any luck. Resetting the router will work occassionally but I will lose connection after some time. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Vista claims my wireless security key is incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by 42bluestars View Post
    In the past I have had no trouble connecting wirelessly on my touchsmart IQ80. All other devices in the home are able to connect wirelessly, however my computer (running Vista Home Premium 64) will no longer connect, claiming incorrect security key. The security key has not been changed, nor have any settings. I have been completely unable to connect wirelessly. I've read the posts here but have not had any luck. Resetting the router will work occassionally but I will lose connection after some time. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Since you are using windows vista can you just try out checking out the service in Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services and see if there is a Wireless Zero Configuration, it might be named as WLAN Autoconfig in some cases. so just try out enabling and disabling the same and see if it is making any difference, if that does not help then try removing all the stored wireless profiles and then make a search for networks an then enter the key and see if it is helping, just try out these possible solutions and then let me know if anyone of is helping you out.

I tried both suggestions but no luck. It still says my network security key is not correct

I should also mention that I just updated my driver but still not having any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 42bluestars View Post
    I tried both suggestions but no luck. It still says my network security key is not correct
    Have you tried out setting the connection manually, if not then try out the same, there are possibilities that you might not be using a correct security protocol, if that does not help then try going in to the router from a wired connection and then change the password and then try to connect and see if it is making any difference, just try them out and then let me know if they are helping.