Thread: My Laptop Suddenly can't find any Wireless networks

My Laptop Suddenly can't find any Wireless networks

Hey, ive suddenly got this problem with my laptop (a HP 6730I have had it a couple of years and the wireless has always been fine on it, but a couple of days ago i turned it on and it could'nt find any wireless networks. When i try to search for them it doesnt even begin to search, just shows up with no results. When i try to find a solution to the problem it tells me to turn on wireless capabilities, but the button to turn on this is already on.

I have tried restarting the router and turning the wireless button on/off but it has no effect.
    Also my Xbox 360 is wirelessly connected to the router and the connection on that is fine. So i dont think the problem is anything to do with the router.

Any Help? Thanks.

Re: My Laptop Suddenly can't find any Wireless networks

If you are using the Windows XP in your computer then you should make sure that Wireless Zero Configuration Service Started. If you want to do that then you will have to go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services. This will open the service window. Scroll to the Wireless Zero Configuration and put it to Automatic Startup and after that press start button. Finally click on OK. Once you are done with that then you will have to go to Wireless Network Card properties and select the Wireless Tab. From bottom you will have to add the wireless networks by its encryption keys. As you do this then from next time you will get that it detects the wireless network automatically if it is in the range.