Thread: Automatic Wifi setup failed on Windows Vista 64bit

Automatic Wifi setup failed on Windows Vista 64bit

I have a 64bit Vista system. There is a wifi network at my home that uses WPA security. The network is detected and connected to the system. But the issue is that it works only by manual settings. When there is a wifi router then Vista must detect the settings automatically so that everytime I will not need to keep on making changes. I had configured the settings on automatic and the network fails to connect. When I connect the same system with ethernet cable to the router there is no problem. The automatic settings work well. There is no issue at all. The router model is WRT54GS. The automatic settings is not working on automatic mode. I am sure there will be some way to fix that.

This problem only lies with Vista. There is no such issue in Windows XP. In Vista if automatic does not work then it is much better you can go with a manual settings. The problem lies when the system is not saving your manual settings and each time on boot you need to put the same manually. I am facing that issue it is annoying. I had tried to create a script so that it is initiated on its own at the startup and the network can work fine. The problem may also lie with the NIC. You can try updating the drivers and then check the same one more time.

re: Automatic Wifi setup failed on Windows Vista 64bit

I have the same problem. I installed wireless at home. my acer computer with vista home will not automatically connect after shutdown. I find box unchecked each time and must manually connect.
    how do I find the readycomm utility to disable it?
    thanks!

It seems that the IPv6 is having the hold on the wireless connection and it also blocking the connection with the same. I will advise you to disable the IPv6 from the Wireless Adapter and now try to connect the Wireless with the Windows Startup. I hope that you might get it working with the auto connection with the wireless network.

I tried disabling the IPv6 and it did not solve the problem. any other suggestions? Also, tried disabling the IPv4 just for for grins and that caused other connection problems...No other computers in the house have this problem of having to manually connect each time. Got to be an easy click or box to check to solve this riddle.
    Again, I have an Acer Inspiron with Vista (less than 2 yrs old) and it wont auto connect to my wireless connection. I must manually connect each time. the box in "manage wirelss network" will not stay checked that says "auto connect each time."

First you will have to open Network and Sharing Center. Afterward choose Manage wireless networks. Right-click on the wireless connection and select Properties. Be convinced "Connect automatically when this network is in range" in Connection is checked.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2...wnrfeillo2.jpg

Fragman, thanks but that is the problem. this box will not stay checked. I go here and check this box every time trying to keep it "checked." I sign off, log back in and I have to manually connect. i go back to this box and it is unchecked. Something will not save this setting to keep that very important box checked...still searching for a solution

Go to control panel/network and sharing centre/manage wireless networks/adapter properties/configure/power management - make sure all 3 boxes are unchecked - this stops connection automatically turning off. Then return to network properties/connection and check first option to automatically connect. This should mean when restarting or waking computer it will connect automatically in a few seconds. (These two instructions - automatically turn off, and automatically connect are in direct conflict.)

fungus pudding, when you say "Then return to network properties/connection and check first option to automatically connect" where do I find network properties to do this?

Hello you have to Click on Start, and from there right-click on Network, and after that click Properties. Within the task list of the Network and Sharing Center dialog box, you have to click on Manage wireless networks within the left pane. commencing the Manage Wireless Networks dialog box, you are able to add a latest wireless network, remove a preferred wireless network, achieve the properties of the wireless network adapter, and select the type of profile to assign to latest wireless networks (applies to every users or the present user).

Everytime I try to add my home's network to the list, it does not get added. There are still no networks on the list afterwards...

• Plug the computer into a hub, switch, or router and then turn it on. (If your home has Ethernet wiring and you have a jack in the room where the computer is, you can plug the computer into the Ethernet jack instead.)
    • Log on to the computer as an administrator.
    • click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Computer Name tab, and then click Change.
    • If the workgroup name is not WORKGROUP, change the name to WORKGROUP, and then click OK.

The above steps will help you to solve the issue that you are facing