Thread: Vista error cannot create dialup/VPN connections

Vista error cannot create dialup/VPN connections

I am having a new Sony laptop. There is a problem with the system. There was some problem due to which I formatted the system and then re-installed everything from scratch. Now I am trying to create a new VPN connection in the system and it is not working. There is a problem in Vista saying that connection cannot be established. I had tried the same a number of time but it is not working at all. The error does not allow me to move ahead and stops everytime. I am sure there is no problem with the connection but somehow Vista i not able to save the settings.

Vista is very buggy with dial up connection. I cannot understand the reason behind that. It fails to find the modem or it losses the connectivity. It is a bit annoying. I am really not happy using Vista. You must try to reconfigure the connection back again. Try to change the cable that is attached to your system. If that does not work then you can go with some new driver upgrades and I am sure that it is going to work really well. There must be some option available that is beneficial but somehow it is complicated in Vista. While Windows XP is quiet suitable for the same.

If you are not aware then the main cause behind this problem is gpo. Because of this you are getting the error. The gpo on your domain is the one that you have to fix and modify the settings. You have to start creating a new OU and then check back the same. Just ensure that you create a policy which does not interfere in the connectivity. Once you had done with OU creation you will have to reboot your system. If you are not aware about the process then you can go on web and find related steps for the process.

re: Vista error cannot create dialup/VPN connections

I was having the same problem.
    Start the telephony service :)

Let me know if this works for you too please.

The "Telephony" service is not enough.

You also need to have the "Remote Access Connection Manager" service started (although no event in Event Log seems to indicate the wizard would need it :) )

To fix this I did two things, not sure which did it - but it worked.
    1. Ran Rarepair.exe in the instructions at ***, where this file is available as a zip. Rarepair needs two reboots to work, an uninstall and a reinstall. Even though it is aimed at XP I still used it on Vista.
    2. Got RasMan to start by changing the dependencies to only rely on Tapisrv.
    Then everything works perfectly.
    Last edited by Yogesh; 27-04-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: External link removed.