Thread: cannot communicate with DNS server

cannot communicate with DNS server

I am having some problem with my internet connection which is getting slow day by day. I am using a wireless network and when I checked it then the status and the connection speed was only showing 50Mbps but I think that it was 100 Mbps. When I clicked on diagnose then I got a message that said "Cannot communicate with dns server (212.93.192.13). Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response." Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Can you tell us how did you setup the DNS? I think that you dont need to use the 212.93.192.13 as DNS server. Can you try to post the result of the ipconfig/all over here? Incase you have not manually set that IP address as your DNS server then you might be infected with virus that could have changed the DNS setting in your pc or the router maybe.

Have you tried to set your computer to obtain and IP address and DNS automatically. You can use automated Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) to automatically assign Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to the computers on your network, if your network supports it. If you use DHCP, then you don't have to change your settings if you move your computer to another location, and DHCP doesn't require you to manually configure settings such as Domain Name System (DNS). Read more about it here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...CP-IP-settings