Thread: Vista Bluetooth sync with Windows Mobile problems

Vista Bluetooth sync with Windows Mobile problems

I am not able to get Windows Mobile 4 Active Sync to start the Bluetooth sync even though everything seems to be paired and setup properly. I am running Windows Vista and the PPC is paired by bluetooth that I had to switch from Toshiba to Windows Stack and it automatically assigned in/out ports to the PPC. The Mobile Device Centre Bluetooth is also ON. On the Windows Mobile 5, the device is paired to the computer and Active Sync is ticked as a service for the computer. But if I am going to the PPC and then clicking Menu > Connect via bluetooth then it gives "Cannot find an existing Bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSync. Would you like to set up a partnership now?" Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this error? Thanks.

You can try to synchronize through bluetooth by following the below method:
    1. First you start by identifying the Bluetooth port to be used for ActiveSync. You can do this by opening the Advanced Configuration screen on your desktop.
    2. Locate the first Bluetooth Serial Port and write down the associated COM-port. This is the COM-port that is going to be used for creating the connection with ActiveSync.
    3. Note that ONLY the first bluetooth port will work due to a bug in Windows Mobile/ActiveSync. Added Bluetooth Serial Ports will not be recognized as providing an ActiveSync service.
    4. After this, open ActiveSync and go to the Connection Settings.
    5. In the Connection settings you activate the third option (Allow connections to one of the following) and select the COM-port you have written down.

You will need to modify the registry values, so that you can tell WMDC which com port should be used to connect bluetooth. The same com port should be similar one assigned to activesync service when PPC is connected to computer bluetooth stack. In my computer, it was COM5. So, try to look at the following regedit HKLM\software\microsoft\windows ce services\serial port and change the value that is usually bluetooth, writing to COM5 instead or any com port you have assigned to your activesync service. After that save and close regedit and restart the computer. Try to reconnect the PPC and let BT Stack add new bluetooth devices so that you can reconfigure BT PPC services. Once the PPC is found, then go to select which services toy want to use on BT, select activesync and then click over configuration. You will get a new window in which you can try to change the name of the service, which is activesync obviously, and then put a new new name as Serial Port. After that open WMDC on your computer and then open activesync on ppc, and then click on connect using bluetooth and you will see how wmdc connects with your ppc without any problems.