Thread: how to share vista's internet connection

how to share vista's internet connection

I am using a Dell Desktop running with Windows Vista. I recently bought a wireless PCI card which I want to configure on my Vista desktop so that I can create a wireless ad hoc network to share my internet wirelessly on my XP running laptop. Well I read some articles and created the Ad hoc network successfully but my XP is not able to connect the same. I rechecked all the settings, even “Internet Connection Sharing” box is marked, then what could be the problem?

Somebody please provide some solution?

Re: how to share vista's internet connection

First of all to enable Internet Connection Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections. Right-click the connection that you want to share, and then click Properties. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click the Sharing tab, and then select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection check box. For more help and complete settings, you can also check this Microsoft article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ection-Sharing

If you have only one ethernet card in your PC, windows Vista “sharing” tab wont appear. Is there anyway to force this tab to appear?

I dont need another LAN card because my internet connection to host PC is through USB. Please help!

thank you

Hi, open up Services applet and ensure that ICS service is running, You can do this by going to Control panel > Administrative Tools > services > Internet Connection Sharing. You need to this because USB connection to the modem should appear as Network Connection with properties similar to Ethernet card you should switch ICS.