Thread: How to fix internet connection problem on Vista

How to fix internet connection problem on Vista

I was facing a internet connection failure constantly. The connection just keeps on dropping in between. Later on I found a solution that would love to share with others and this really works. For if you are using Windows Vista, then simply go in Network & Sharing Center. In that click on View Status. You can find that in the Connections. Click on Properties and then remove the tick from QoS Packet Scheduler. Also remove the check from IPv6 and QoS Packet Scheduler. Restart the computers so that the settings take effect properly and then simply check again. Now the connection will work more properly.

I was actually struggling a lot for that. It is almost 25 weeks I am constantly facing the dropping problem. It is basically on wifi. Fortunately I saw your post. The internet connection drop stopped when I applied the settings that you had mentioned. It is working fine. I think there are some additional stuff which are useless in Windows Vista and it is shocking that this kind of information or solution is not available on Microsoft website. Because they are the first source of information on Vista troubleshooting. Nor there is any appropriate detail available. Thanks for the solution.

It is better if understand the exact scenario on the network. I think here QoS packet scheduler is not associated with your network fall. I am managing a windows network where I had played with the settings a number of time. There is some other problem with your network. There are also different kind of internet connection. Some uses a on the basis of mac address while some are on adsl. Different settings are required to activate them and then it works well. If you are facing connection drop issue then you can try first is update your lan drivers. Later on you can ensure that the problem is not from the ISP side. A majority of issue lies from their side only and we are never aware about the same.

I am also doubtful about QoS Packet Schedular. I too agree that this is not the one which is causing the problem. I am bit surprised to find that disabling that has reduce the internet fluctuation. It is also not at all complicated to arrange a appropriate method that really works. I think the problem lies with the DSL router. You must verify the settings. A number of time when configured on automatic ip this kind of issue appear while those systems which are on static ip works really well.

I was having a issue with the router and cable modem. Both were working fine but somehow the internet was fluctuating and there was major issue with configuration. I had configured the same manually a number of time but still it fails to work. I am not able to find appropriate settings for the same. I am using a Belkin N Router on Vista and still it is facing the problem. I had done what you had said above somehow still settings is not working. I had tried to configure the same through static ip but still the issue lies with vista. But in XP everything working fine.

I am getting the problem on Windows Vista x64 bit. The new connection is giving issue with connectivity. I was not getting issue with Vista Ultimate 32bit. Both the systems are working on the same lan network. I never thought I have to struggle with Vista 64bit for getting a constant internet connectivity. I am using Windows Vista for last 6 weeks and somehow the problem started just some days ago. Before that I never notice that the connection was falling. I am planing to hook a lan card on my system and the check it back.

There must some remedy for that. Check that same in Windows Update. I am sure you will find something better in it. Vista internet connectivity issue is very common. Sometime driver updates fixes the problem and sometime windows updates. But it is a bit complicated to get the right fix for it. I was not able to arrange a proper solution but somehow it started working. Adding lan card cannot help much if there is some internal bug in Windows Vista. The same internet connection works flawlessly on Windows XP.

re: How to fix internet connection problem on Vista

Did you tried to diagnose your internet connection. When you run the diagnostic tool you get the error in the end. That error shows you where the problem is. A number of time diagnose and repair is one of the best way to deal with the problem. Sometime I get a page load error while surfing. I was not aware about the actual issue, but it happens I had configured a number of time but still the problem lies. I think this kind of issue appears due to a malware in the system. I am redirected to some other website and page takes time to load.

You have a entirely different issue. The malware can cause redirection but internet connection will not drop. I am using a laptop that has Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit. The laptop has updated drivers and has all pre-installed software in the same. It is not at all complicated to find drivers for that but somehow I am not able to get the lan work properly. There are two more users on the internet which are complaining about the same thing. Windows update is another best thing to locate proper solution for the same.

Is there a connectivity issue with the system. If yes then simply reboot the system and then check back. On every boot Vista just forgets what settings I had assigned to the system. It is not really complicated to modify the settings needed. What matters is why it is not saving them. But after a few months of using it just like that way the problem is solved automatically. There is no problem at all.