Thread: Error 0x80070005 while trying to connect to Vista computer from XP

Error 0x80070005 while trying to connect to Vista computer from XP

Just done with assembling a new computer. It has Windows Vista 64bit on it. The system was fine and has no issue at all. But somehow I am not able to share files on the network. There is one more Windows XP computer connected. I had attached both the systems on common platform. When I try to access the files of XP computer through Vista I am getting Error 0x80070005 access denied. It is not working. There is no way I can find out the way to fix the problem. I am not able to understand what is causing the error and how I can avoid the same.

Do you have any antivirus in your system like McAfee or Norton. Just disable that. I think because of that you are getting the access denied error. You have to create a public network where all has full permission to access and modify files. You can find the settings related to that in Network and Sharing center. Also disable your firewall and then check back. Go in Vista Network and Sharing. There turn on network sharing. If you keep the network private then there are chances that you wont be able to get all the files properly.

Vista is very annoying in file sharing. Go in Network and Sharing Center there you can find a file sharing option. It is the second option I think. Choose the file sharing option and in that enable public network. If it is a home network then you will face the access denied error. If it is a public network where password is turned off then you can access all the content. You have to check all the settings there and done you will be able to connect properly. If you want to keep your stuff secured then you can create a locked home network and the password will be provided to you at the end.

re: Error 0x80070005 while trying to connect to Vista computer from XP

probably sounds silly but if you have two connection methods (reg card and wireless card) try disabling the one you are not using. I was having this problem for sometime, on a whim I disabled my 2nd card and that resolved the issue instantly. Hope this helps anyone still having this problem.