Thread: Wireless association failed beacause Windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point

Wireless association failed beacause Windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point

Hello to all, i am using Windows Vista Basic and my network card is Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN. So my problem is : I was having wireless internet from unsecured network 1 year and one day the network disappeared, after 2 days the network was created again with other name now, so when i was trying to connect to this network it couldn't, the diagnose was showing the following error "..Wireless association failed because Windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point.. " ,

So i tried to connect the other day and successfully connected, the internet connection at this unsecured network was good and after 3 - 4 hours the network disappeared again...after 5 minutes it appeared and when i try to connect to this unsecured network it was showing me the error "..Wireless association failed because Windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point.." again. What i must do to fix this problem???

My network card has the latest drives.. I rolled back the driver believing that this was the problem but nothing.. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks.

My notebook is a compaq!!
    Last edited by Maqbool; 13-12-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: informations

Re: Wireless association failed beacause Windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point

Hello Lokerer, is it your own network? In case you are trying to connect someone else’s network then he is bumping you out and hence you getting that error message. And if it is your own network, can you just let us know the settings and configuration of the router? You might be missing some settings.

No i am not the owner of the network, but this is a FREE PUBLIC network. So what is the problem exactly?

Re: Wireless association failed beacause Windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point

I got fine solution for the same problem. Just go through this thread: Windows did not receive a response from the router or access point. All the best!

As it is a public network, I guess (infact sure) that network owner might have made some changes such as upgrading
    firmware or might have changed the wireless channels etc. And due to that you are not more able to connect it.

I really need help with a similar (if not the same) issue. Here are my details:

I've had the same set up for over a year without problems: Linksys wrt54G router (802.11b/g), XP desktop (wired), vista laptop (wireless).

This week, for no known reason, my laptop won't connect wirelessly (will connect wired) and I'm getting the same notorious error: "Wireless association failed because Windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point." I'm confident my laptop would connect just fine if I was at a coffee shop or bookstore. Also, my work laptop (vista) no longer wirelessly connects at home.

I've updated the firmware (which at first appeared to mess things up further, losing my wired connections. I reset the router and got everything back to current state, the firmware appearing to be installed). Attempting to update the drivers, my laptop said they are current.

Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated. FYI, I tool around and do what I can but I'm not a computer wiz... would appreciate if responses are dumbed down pretty far and suggestions step by step. Thank you.

After probably 5 hours I broke down and called Linksys. $40 later, my system worked good as new... what was the problem?

"A power surge probably occured damaging the frequency channel your router was set to."

That was it. My router no longer works on channel 6. 9? Good. 11? Good. 6? No dice. He also deleted the saved connections from the list, but I don't think that was an issue.

If one day your wireless simply stops connecting despite being able to see the wireless signal is present, try changing the channel.