Thread: VMWare and Wireless Internet Connection

VMWare and Wireless Internet Connection

I am using a laptop. It has Windows Vista on it. I installed Vmware and installed windows XP on the same. There are some old application that are not working in Vista and due to which I had added Windows XP. I had installed all the drivers and other required settings. But the system fails to detect the connection. I had attached it physically through patch cord the net works fine. But when I try to configure that on the wifi it fails to work. There is no way I can get proper settings behind using wifi on Vmware. Is it due to the wifi chip in the laptop.

Re: VMWare and Wireless Internet Connection

Go in Device Manager in your XP and then check that there is any pending driver updates. If yes then you will face that kind of issue. You must update the drivers and I think the issue will be resolved. Second thing Vmware is a bit buggy with wifi setup due to which you are getting the problem. While the best way of using internet on virtual machine is connecting it through ethernet cable. I am using the internet in same way on my system. I had also tried wifi but it did not worked. I am waiting for a better version fo Vmware that really works.