Thread: Vista Wireless Issue - "Windows cannot connect to (network)"

Vista Wireless Issue - "Windows cannot connect to (network)"

I own a Dell Inspiron 1420.. Which i recently formatted. The first thing i tried to install was the driver for my Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN. So i can get Online and continue restoring my system.. I installed the driver right off of my Dell Resource CD, for Drivers and Utilities.. I tried to connect to my router, and BOOM, I got that error, Windows cannot connect to SDS-Network, which is my network..

note: The issue is not my router, my wife's laptop connects, and so does my other pc that has a wireless card in it.. + my laptop gets the same error for every other network in the area... and there are quite a few.

Moving on,
    I went to dell.com, and tried with the drivers from them after entering my Service Tag: 621KLD1..same issue..

Tried with the same drivers, but for XP instead of Vista..same issue..

Went to intel.com, got their drivers..same issue..

I also saw a thread online, about someone with the same problem, but his problem was fixed by going into the card's advanced properties and and changing a setting to disabled, i forget which setting it was, but i did try that also, and..same issue..

I also tried something I also saw online about some registry entry thing that was missing, and that didn't work either..same issue.

I am quite desperate... I need my laptop for work, i am a web developer, and without connection, i can't work. Please.. if anybody knows the deal or is willing to help, any help will be greatly appreciated..

Re: Vista Wireless Issue - "Windows cannot connect to (network)"

Do one thing. If you have some another PC, go to Dell .com on that PC, go to their download section, enter model/make number, enter operating system and download most recent wireless drivers. Save it on USB drive, transfer the same to your computer and install. See what happens now. Reply back with the results.

Re: Vista Wireless Issue - "Windows cannot connect to (network)"

please did u get the solution to that problem ,cause i seem to be having the same problem ,please help