Thread: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped

I am getting an error message that pops up everytime all of sudden that says "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped Working and was Closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly windows will notify you if a solution is available". I dont share anything using the Network Sharing so I dont understand why is it giving me issues, please help me to get rid of this issue?

Try to follow the below method:

1. First of all you need to go to WMP > Library > Media Sharing and see if the sharing is Allowed. If it is then disallow it.
    2. Secondly, you can go to Network and Sharing Center and see if Media Sharing is On or Off.

If you need more information on Vista's Media Sharing then go to Start and then Help and Support and then enter Sharing media on network using Windows Media Player.

Re: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped

Thanks a bunch for the help. I tried to follow your solution and finally managed to find a fix to my issue. I went into Control Panel and then selected classic view. After that I choose 'Administrative Tools' and then Services and then scrolled down to find 'Windows Media Player Sharing Services'. I double clicked on it and then then disabled it and this worked for me.