Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to share folder from Vista Home premium to XP Home SP3 mach

Windows Vista Network

Old 31-08-2008

Unable to share folder from Vista Home premium to XP Home SP3 mach

I have a Windows XP Home Premium SP2 as well as Vista Home Premium. Both are connected on the same network via router. I have enabled file sharing on Vista which can be seen by Windows XP but it is not accessible. Actually when I share the files/folders on vista for ?Everyone?, it is accessible from XP but obviously it can be accessed by anyone, right? Which I don?t want. When I remove ?Everyone? from sharing and try to access, it says ?You Might Not Have Permission To Use This Network Resource. Contact The Administrator. Access Is Denied?

Any suggestions please?

Old 31-08-2008

RE: Unable to share folder from Vista Home premium to XP Home SP3 mach

In such situations you need to have same user account name and password on both/all systems. For the complete details and step by step process, checkout this URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
Old 01-09-2008

Re: Unable to share folder from Vista Home premium to XP Home SP3

Thanks for the help friend. I did as you said. I created a new profile on XP with my name with the same password as on my Vista computer but still it is giving me the same error saying I don?t have permission. What is wrong now? Any other help please?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , ,