Thread: HOW to get LLTD working in SP3 under 2 minutes flat.

HOW to get LLTD working in SP3 under 2 minutes flat.

I am putting a short guide here that can allow you to install LLTD on Windows XP SP3. Windows XP does not comes with LLTD. This is necessary to view Windows XP computers on Vista Network Map. I am going to offer you some set of option that will really help you to deal with the issue. A number of time LLTD will not work. The first thing you have to do in this case is install XP from scratch. There can be some internal update which can cause compatibility issue with the OS. So it is necessary that you must wipe out everything and work from scratch. The second thing is adding Cisco CDP in your system. You can download LLTD for Windows XP from Microsoft website. If you get any error there then you can check the same download through Windows Update. There are ample of windows update which are capable of giving you aspect solution that you are looking for.

There is a hotfix available for that. I do not think you will need to struggle more for that. Also it is not a complicated job to find LLTD solution for Windows XP. I had installed that at my system which failed at the first setup. Later on through Windows Update it was working well and there was no issue at all. Later on if you face issue till with LLTD installation there one more thing you can do. You can download the utility from below link and test out the same on Windows XP.

Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder (KB922120)

Well it is still a hot issue no doubt my blog is innundated with searches for this. Shame MS dont really want to fix all the SP3 bugs. Thank you so much it's nice to know that there are people who are
    willing to share what they know to help others.:) I think you need a spell checker.

Re: HOW to get LLTD working in SP3 under 2 minutes flat.

2 things.
    DOS is very sensitive to spelling mistakes. check your spelling if you cannot extract or get an error of any kind.

if you extracted the files and get an _P or unrecognized extension it is because you are using an extractor like RAR, 7z, WinZip, or something....

You have to extract/install the files in DOS.

2nd thing. It seems I cannot find the 'hotFix' for SP3 provided by Microsoft and has actually taken longer to search for it then to use the method described above.
    Microsoft sucks.

when will people figure out that Unix/Linux/Bsd/Mac all work on the same principles, its Free in most cases and Works better/more secure/seemless using proven philosophies and techniques for over 30 years!

Re: HOW to get LLTD working in SP3 under 2 minutes flat.

Additionally; Universities and schools still resign to pay HUGE licensing, support, and additional fees just to run Microsoft, despite constant budget constraints....then refuse to offer or teach Bash, Linux based programing/administration knowing full well All the most powerful servers are CentOS, FreeBsd, Oracle based languages.
    Essentially producing students who only Err towards Microsoft, and only teach that B/C thats all they know. Giving the gift of BS that keeps on giving.