Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

Windows Vista Mail

Old 28-06-2008

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

I have installed windows vista on my computer and am using Windows Live Mail along with Hotmail account. I am getting some 100's of emails from this postmaster@mail.hotmail.com and it is really annoying me alot. I know that I have never send them any mails to these people, so I dont know why ther are sending me? When checked for virus by running the mcafee antivirus software and also for adwares by spybot program, nothing showed up. It only happens when I am using Windows Live Mail and the emails are sent to me. Is there anyone who is facing similar type or problems?

Old 28-06-2008

I think that they are spam emails and there is nothing much you can do about them as well. It could be that some spammers might be using your email address as his return address and therefore you can try to put the postmaster@mail.hotmail.com email address in the blocked senders list, so that atleast you will get some relief when the actions are done.
Old 13-07-2008

Even I agree that adding the postmaster address to the Blocked Senders is the best fix for the problem so far. What happens is that all the emails will be saved in the unwanted messages in the Junk E-mail folder of Windows Mail. You can once in a while check in the Junk E-mail folder to either delete all the emails at a single click or save some emails which seems to give false positive.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: ,