Thread: Outgoing mail SMTP server

Outgoing mail SMTP server

Am using Windows Vista with Office 2007. Also have configured windows mail. The problem am facing is when I try sending mail directly from MS Word or Excel, It gives me some error saying something related to Outgoing email SMTP Server.

I don have any idea about this problem. Can you guys please suggest me something? Thanks in advance.

RE: Outgoing mail SMTP server

Hey guys, even am facing the same problem. It wont allow me to send emails from MS Word. Here is the complete erro I get:

Subject 'New Computer', Account: 'pop.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Somebody please tell me why am not able to send the mails?

Re: Outgoing mail SMTP server

Well Comcast have made some changes in their server settings and as yours is still on the older setting, you getting the error and sending is getting failed. They have actually changed the SMTP port to 587 from port 25.

So you need to make these changes by going to Tools > Accounts > select that mail account > Properties > Advanced. Here change the port to 587. Now go to Servers Tab and check mark the box for “My server requires authentication”.

Let me know if you get any more error.

Re: Outgoing mail SMTP server

Hello Robert G, the solution for your problem is very simple. Just change the SMTP port to 587. Comcast should have told about this to their users before actually making the changes. Anyways, if you want you can get the complete new settings here: help.comcast.net/content/faq/How-to-configure-Windows-Mail-for-Vista-to-use-port-587-for-sending-email