Thread: unable to open attachments

unable to open attachments

I am having Windows Vista installed on my computer and in Windows Mail whenever I am trying to open any attachments, then it is not opening and giving some kind of problems. I have seen that many people are facing similar kind of problem. Is there anyone who had come up with any solutions for this issue? Thanks

Could you specify us in details like what exactly you are having issues with and are you getting any type of error messages as well? What steps do you use to open the attachments and what are those type of attachments exactly, is it a PDF or some other file? You can easily create an association in the set association option in Control Panel. To do the same, click on Start and then click on Default Programs and then try to associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Did you try to save the attachment on your pc? You can simply try to save the attachment on your computer desktop and then open it separately that would work for you. Incase if you are not able to save the attachments on your desktop then go to Tools and then Options and then Security and then uncheck "Do not allow attachments..." box. If still not joy then uninstall any antivirus that you have installed on your machine and then try to open the attachments.