Thread: How to setup Hotmail on Windows Live Mail

How to setup Hotmail on Windows Live Mail

I cannot configure Hotmail on Windows mail. I am quiet fed with constant settings. I am getting error 0x800CCC0E. The default port is 110 which is used by the email client. Can anyone help me to deal with the issue. I had tried to download some ready scripts which automatically configures Hotmail on Windows Mail. But that is not working. There is another script which works for Yahoo configuration.

Run Windows Mail and click on Tools > Accounts. Click on Add and then click on Email Account. Click on Next > and add your email account there. You have to setup pop3 for the incoming email and smpt for the outgoing email. The settings for incoming and outgoing mail server for hotmail is pop3.live.com & smtp.live.com. Check the Outgoing server requires authentication box. The account is configured. The default port will be assigned by the mail client itself. If still you get error, then ensure that the port is not being used by any other third party applications. For SMTP the outgoing port is 587 and for Pop3 will be 995.

The following link has detailed guide to deal with email configuration on Windows Mail. The issue basically appears when your security application or firewall blocks the mail server. By default Firewall knows which ports are used by Email client. But still there can be some third party applications. The below guide provides you detailed information on all port settings to configure Hotmail on Windows Mail.

Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish