Thread: server error:0x800ccc90, error number:0x800ccc90

server error:0x800ccc90, error number:0x800ccc90

I am on Windows Vista and in Windows Mail I am getting 2 messages again and again in the inbox. I am able to send and receive messages though without any issues. I am using windows mail with the Road runner server and if anyone can help me out then it will be truly appreciated. Thanks for any comments.

I think that you will have to log in to your email server by using the webmail other than using the Windows Mail. And after that you can delete the 2 messages and also the first message perhaps. If this solution didnt work then you will have to post the error messages that you were getting. Also what kind of antivirus have you installed in your machine? If you have Norton or McAfee antivirus installed then immediately uninstall it because it not compatible with Windows Mail.

Receiving reported error (0x8000CCC0F)

I have this error message and can't download my emails however i could send out email using this same account. The error message is:
    Task 'xxxxxx - Receiving reported error (0x8000CCC0F). The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded : -ERR'.

Pls help, i've checked that all my others user could use the email except for me.

Re: Receiving reported error (0x8000CCC0F)

Quote Originally Posted by joan.pptm View Post
    I have this error message and can't download my emails however i could send out email using this same account. The error message is:
    Task 'xxxxxx - Receiving reported error (0x8000CCC0F). The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded : -ERR'.

Pls help, i've checked that all my others user could use the email except for me.
    The error that you are getting may occur if Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express cannot establish a connection with your e-mail server. The most common causes of these error messages are problems with Internet connectivity and account settings configured incorrectly in Outlook or Outlook Express. First, verify that you are connected to the Internet. For more information go to this site.

Re: server error:0x800ccc90, error number:0x800ccc90

Hi thanks for the reply,
    My internet connection is fine cos i am able to surf the internet.
    I am not sure with the settings cos i've checked with my other users and it looks the same.
    I've checked in the link you gave me but nothing seems to be working.
    Any other ideas on where i need to check?
    I remember using my broadband last week even though i'm connected with the office's LAN, it's only after that i've been having this email problem.
    Pls advice, thanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by joan.pptm View Post
    My internet connection is fine cos i am able to surf the internet.
    I am not sure with the settings cos i've checked with my other users and it looks the same.
    I've checked in the link you gave me but nothing seems to be working.
    Any other ideas on where i need to check?
    I remember using my broadband last week even though i'm connected with the office's LAN, it's only after that i've been having this email problem.
    Check if you have any antivirus or firewall that is blocking the download, try to disable it or turn it off and see if you can download the emails. Which browser are you using? It might be a browser issue as well, try to download emails from different browsers like opera, google chrome, firefox and report back if the problem still persists.

That solution really worked :).
    I've disabled my Avast for 10 min and automatically all my emails can be downloaded.
    I've changed some settings before enabling it.
    Thank a lot i really appreciate it.