Thread: Internet Explorer 7 'error on page' at the bottom of left hand corner of screen

Internet Explorer 7 'error on page' at the bottom of left hand corner of screen

I am new member on TechArena forums, I am getting error message in the bottom of my Internet Explorer 7 page (bottom left hand corner - in toolbar). Internet Explorer automatically reads, 'done' with a yellow triangle and/or 'done', but with errors on page. When I am trying to open any website I still see the message at bottom of my screen. Somebody over here can tell me what is the exact problem. Last time when I was using Internet, it was informed to me to download IE7, for windows vista. Even when I click on the tab on their website its says Get IT Now. I am not sure what is happening its a some sort of bug with IE 7 ? Never faced such problem with previous version of IE.

Re: Internet Explorer 7 'error on page' at the bottom of left hand corner of screen

The very first thing I would like to tell you is this is Windows Mail section and not Internet Explorer. You should always post the query in proper section so that people can help you better. Anyway, as far as the error is concerned, did you tried disabling script debugging on IE? If not try doing it with the following the steps:

• Launch Internet explorer > Tools > Internet Options
    • Now go to Advanced Tab and there will be a check box for “Display a notification about every script error”.
    • Just uncheck the same, click OK and restart Internet explorer.

Now see if your problem persists.

Re: Internet Explorer 7 'error on page' at the bottom of left hand corner of screen

I guess the problem would be accruing on some specific websites and not all. The reason behind this is because the site you opening has JavaScript or other script related errors in their code and you or me just cannot fix them because we obviously don’t have access to their codes. So internet explorer show that error in the bottom status bar. So this problem can be fixed by the steps mentioned above.

For more info and troubleshooting on the same, you can checkout this Microsoft KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260