Thread: Gmail won't download headers!

Gmail won't download headers!

I did a fresh install of Vista 32bit on one of my office’s PC and configured windows mail. I added Gmail account with proper settings as mentioned on gmail support page for IMAP. Everything got done without any error but whenever I go to check my gmail inbox, I get the following error:

"Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'Gmail', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2"

Somebody please help me out fixing this as I don’t have idea what could be the problem because I have done all settings watching it from their office pages.

Re: Gmail won't download headers!

Well, no matter you configured it properly on Windows Mail but did you enable IMAP from your web based settings first? First you need to open www.gmail.com in your browser, go to your Gmail settings and enable IMAP first from there. Thereafter it will work in windows mail.

For more help on this, you can check here: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...n&answer=77695

I don’t have any idea about IMAP but I was able to use Gmail on Windows Mail via POP3 access without any problem. However I feel your problem can be fixed simply by enabling the IMAP from gmail web based client.

Thanks for your replies friends. It was because my IMAP was disabled from the Gmail itself. Anyways, I enabled the same and now its working fine. Thank you.