Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Setting -up Yahoo Email Account in Windows Mail

Windows Vista Mail

Old 23-05-2008

Setting -up Yahoo Email Account in Windows Mail

Hello,

I am trying to setup my yahoo mail account in windows mail, but I am getting error message saying that " The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E".

Can you please help to fix this problem ?

Old 24-05-2010

Well free US Based Yahoo account don't have POP access, are you paying for the optional mail plus feature to yahoo ? If yes, then I would recommend you to change your port and SSL settings to agree with Yahoo directions: Please check the below URL for more assistance.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-14.html

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , , , , , ,