Thread: still cant open attachments in windows mail ?

still cant open attachments in windows mail ?

Hello Everyone,

I have recently started facing problem with my Windows Mail, Whenever I am trying to open any attachment its not opening at all. Do I need run any update for the same ? I have never faced such kind of problem before with Microsoft product. I am not sure whether this product was tested fairly not or not, or it was launched publicly.

Re: still cant open attachments in windows mail ?

Hello Iksura,

Can you please provide us more information what happen when you are trying to open attachment are you getting any error message? Did you tried file type association? Please provide detailed information regarding your problem.

Flaco,

Thanks for your quick response, I tried the file type association, I have recently purchased Microsoft Office 2007, despite my preference was to Microsoft Office 2003. I have reset the file type but no luck, I have download a link from another comment box from officeonlinehelp. The best thing is that I can save the attachment to my desktop and its open properly. Even Online control center is not responding from my mail, later on its get locks up and I get a error message "file type association messages".

Well I tried many other stuff as well, but still I am not able to open my attachment. As I said in previous post I have upgraded my office to 2007 from 2003. I have already reset my file type association to 100+ and rebooted. I have downloaded a patch from a site called officehelponline, But still I am not able to open my attachment. When I open my windows mail it does not receive mail until I closed it. Is there any patch available to fix this problem with my Windows Mail.

If you are trying to open a attachment with the extension winmail.dat, your new version of Office include outlook ? You require a program to open such kind of attachment, remember not all Office 2007 version can do. Please check the below URL.
    <http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx?re_ms=oo&culture=en-US>

As far as I know there no hotfixes available for Windows Mail. Its almost 20 Months + as per my information the only one I know it really not gonna help you to resolve your problem.

If your Windows Mail downloading Mail too infrequently then please follow the below steps.
    Click on Tools, Account.
    Enter Your Email Account, Properties.
    If No checkmark in the box before include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing Click in the Box, Apply.
    Click Ok and Close it.