Thread: Save password setting not retained

Save password setting not retained

Am using Windows mail since a long time now on this same laptop. I never had any problem with this since the installation but since yesterday don’t know what went wrong it just keeps me asking for the username and password every time I try checking mail. Though i’m entering my login credentials proper, it just keeps on popping up.

Also it wont allow me to check mark the box to save the user/pass. Am just fed up. Somebody please help me.

Re: Save password setting not retained

To me it seems a kind of Bug in Vista. As I have struggled a lot with the same, finally managed to find a working solution and I am not facing problems any more. This is what I done in my case:

• Open Windows Mail, go to Tools > Accounts > you Email Account > Properties > Servers.
    • Select your password, delete it and retype the same.
    • Confirm it by typing the password again.
    • Click Apply > OK.

That’s it. Probably the pop up will not show up again.

Re: Save password setting not retained

As far as I know most probably password corruption occurs because of the Antviruses. Which antivirus are you using?

Don’t say its Norton protection Center because I have been through this problem once and the reason was Norton.

You are correct buddy. Not just Norton, McAfee as well. Both of these Security suites have been found non-compatible with Windows mail. Hence you should completely remove this from you system. I mean, remove it don’t just disable or you will keep getting such problems.

The best alternate, as per me, is AVG free edition. Am using this since past 8 months and never faced any problem.